Social Media Marketing Internship Opportunity
Relecom – Orange County Area
Relecom provides marketing professionals with an easy-to-use measurement system that turns data into decisions. We let you manage what matters to save you time, money, and increase your marketing performance. We focus on decisions, not data, and provide timely actionable information for management decisions that impact businesses.
The company is redefining the concept of digital media management and is looking for a Social Media Marketing Intern to become part of its exciting venture.
The company is a resident of the Rancho Santiago Community College District’s (RSCCD) Digital Media Center (DMC) business incubator program, making this a great opportunity to work in a world class program that develops cutting edge media technologies. Interns will be interacting with top professionals in the business development, web development, graphic arts, publishing, marketing, public relations, legal and education fields.
Location: Digital Media Center – 1300 S. Bristol St. Santa Ana, CA 92704
Payment: School Credit
Job Summary: Social Media Marketing Intern
We are looking for a marketing intern to help us manage and build Relecom’s social media community presence.
Through this unique internship opportunity you’ll:
- Help develop Relecom’s marketing strategy and execution
- Help organize, plan and implement digital marketing and other communication initiatives
- Manage the company’s social network channels
- Identify and engage with key social media influencers
- Foster a community of engaged users
- Work with the executive team and participate in the company’s success
The Intern will receive real world experience creating and implementing strategic marketing campaigns designed to grow the business and help drive sales. Hours are flexible and can be accommodated around student’s school schedule.
- Passionate about digital media, marketing and emerging technologies
- Interested in defining new digital rules and solutions using modern technology and tools
- Innovative creative problem solving skills
- Well rounded business management acumen
- Comfortable with clients and professional meetings
If you can say “yes” to these qualifications… we need to hear from you!
- Specialize in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or Entrepreneurial Studies
- Have a clear understanding of relationship marketing through social media
- Experience working with range of social and digital media platforms including:
- Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn
- Blog platforms (WordPress, Blogger)
- Google Analytics
- Can effectively present an engaging voice appropriate for our social media communities
- Confidence, reliability… and the ability to work independently
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong skills in these programs:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task
- Interest in entrepreneurship and opportunities for advancement
Students will learn:
- To use their marketing talents in a technology business environment
- How to develop and improve leadership, communication, and networking skills
- To further develop and enrich their soft/transferable skills
- To expand their sphere of influence through networking
- Enhance their resumes with experience that makes them far more employable
To apply email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org