Job Title: Journalist Intern
CAYPEN has created a dynamic online community for entrepreneurs by entrepreneurs.
Through our many and varied operations, including a bi-monthly magazine, webinars, meetups and a soon to be launched web TV network, we provide a valuable resource for business innovators looking to collaborate, learn, grow and prosper. We focus on the success of our members and employees alike for we thrive when they thrive.
Caypen is a resident of the Rancho Santiago College District’s (RSCCD) Digital Media Center (DMC) business incubator program, making this a great opportunity to work in a world class program that develops cutting edge media technologies. Interns will be interacting with top professionals in the business development, web development, graphic arts, publishing, marketing, public relations, legal and education fields.
We are looking for college students or recent graduates who want to get a real-world experience in online media production.
Location: Digital Media Center – 1300 S. Bristol St. Santa Ana, CA 92704
Payment: For Credit
Typical Work Activities:
– Interviewing people in a range of different circumstances
– Research and write stories of topics and people assigned by the Editor.
– Pitch stories and ideas
– building contacts to maintain a flow of news, for example, the small business and startup community groups, investment community, and local business organizations, press officers from a variety of organizations, the general public, etc
– seeking out and investigating stories via your contacts, press releases and other media
– attending press conferences and asking questions
– attending a variety of events, such as conferences, entrepreneurial/startup meet up events, hackathon, as well Caypen produced events, answering the phones on the news desk and reacting to breaking news stories
– working closely with the news team, photographers and editors
– Producing concise and accurate copy according to the newspapers house style, and to strict deadlines – writing short fillers to entertain, and researching creating and uploading news content for the website
How to apply: email email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.